There is no place like home
Expert Insurance Advice
Home Insurance Cover
Taking out appropriate home insurance is a way of safeguarding your home and your belongings against whatever life might throw at you.
What is home insurance?
Home insurance is a insurance cover for the property you reside in. It can cover building, content or combination of both. It protects your house and possessions in case of accidental damage or crime.
What are the different types of home insurance policies?
There are two types of home insurance cover:
Benefits of home insurance policy
- Building cover to reinstate the building in case of the structural damage
- Repairs guaranteed for 12 months
- Accidental damage cover to fixed glass and sanitary fittings
- Replacement of lost or stolen keys
- Trace and access of leaks, and removal and replacement of any damage caused
- Damage cover to plants and shrubs in your garden
- Alternative accommodation
- Items replaced on a new for old basis
- Cover for accidental damage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs, televisions, video and audio installations, computer equipment and games consoles
- Replacement cover for business equipment
- Home emergency cover – round the clock assistance for a range of domestic disasters
- Legal expense cover – Access expert advice if you find yourself in a legal dispute and cover any associated costs
How does home insurance cover work?
It’s simple. You pay a monthly premium, the damage is fixed or claim paid out by your home insurance company.
How much home insurance cover do I need?
The amount of cover will depend on your need. Talk to us and we will analyse your circumstances and help you decide on the right amount. It is important to take into consideration the following:
Once you have a policy in place, it is a good practice to review your home insurance needs every year. We can schedule an annual review with you and remind you to speak to an adviser to check if your cover is sufficient.